Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tips for enjoying your summer vacation

Ready to take off on a summer vacation? If your trip takes you outside of the U.S., there are some new rules to keep in mind.

Starting Monday, June 1, passengers will need passports for air, land, and sea travel to and from Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.

If you're remaining in the U.S., don't forget that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recently implemented stricter rules for traveler IDs. You have to make your reservation using the full name that you have on your government-issued ID card -- for instance, your driver's license.

To avoid delays at the airport, don't use nicknames or shortened versions of your name when booking your flight. If your middle name appears on your passport, be sure to also use it when booking flights.

This is intended to cut down on the number of misidentifications at the TSA checkpoint. TSA officials say that following this rule will help to move the process along more quickly.

For more tips, visit the TSA web page for travelers.

Tags: Vacations, , TSA,

No comments: