Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sometimes "me" time can be a good thing

Every year, my friend Ruth vacations in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Ruth lives for her visits to her favorite Myrtle Beach resorts and hotels. She has been making these trips for as long as I can remember.

Ruth adores the beach. She loves sea shells, and I can always count on her to bring me back some beauties. She loves being near the Atlantic Ocean, enjoying the many restaurants, and taking in the nightlife.

Professionally, Ruth is a workhorse, so I’m thrilled that she takes time off to do something she enjoys. Because she’s made this trip so many times, she's become a bit of a tour guide.

Ruth can tell you just about anything you need to know about Myrtle Beach hotels, where each is located, and who offers what amenities. Making the arrangements has just gotten easier, now that vacationers can book their getaways online.

I’m way overdue for a vacation, and I’m determined to make my own trip to a Myrtle Beach resort. This recovering workaholic has fallen off the wagon. Spending some time near the ocean – away from cell phones and laptops – sounds just perfect.

No comments: