Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shopping for that special day

This guest post is from Lu Beck.

I'm a mom with two kid. Holiday shopping, especially for Easter or Valentine's Day, involves buying candy and maybe a small toy for them. I try to remember my husband and find something that he'll really enjoy, but money is tight and often we choose to do something together for the holiday. Instead of surprising each other with flowers or chocolates, we often go out to dinner together.

It's nice to have a date night with just the two of us; doing this allows us to reconnect. Parenthood doesn't often allow for alone couple time, so for Valentine's Day we really try to have a night out together. I usually surprise my kids earlier in the day with their gift. My kids are great and are appreciative of presents that they receive. This Easter I may surprise my husband with a small, affordable present. I was thinking maybe a CD or a movie. I usually shop at Target or Wal-Mart for these types of gifts. I may look for a romantic movie or CD to celebrate the spirit of the holiday.

I'm glad I added my home security alarm to my home a year ago. I always set the alarm from http://www.Allhomesecurity.com before we leave the house to go to dinner and I can feel confident that our home is in safe hands.

No comments: